Wednesday, August 10, 2011

17 Weeks and It's a . . .

Well, our little one did not cooperate at our ultrasound last week. The legs were crossed the whole time so we were not able to find out. Sad! Luckily, we have a close family friend who is involved with wonderful clinic here in town and she was able to get us an additional ultrasound yesterday.

I went in prepared this time and had a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte right beforehand to get the baby moving. As soon as we started the ultrasound, we were able to see that the legs were thankfully not crossed and we got quite a few great shots that confirmed what we are having. . .

It's a GIRL!!!

Michael was right! I was convinced it would be a boy, so I guess my intuition was off. We are very excited, though. Everyone keeps telling us that little girls are for spoiling, so we will be happy to do that! Now the shopping can begin!

And now onto the update:

How far along: 17 weeks

Size of baby: About the size of an onion, or 5.9 oz

Total weight gain/loss: Still down 9 pounds

Sleep: Waking up a few times to go to the restroom, but getting used to it!

Best moment of the week: Finding out that it's a girl!

Movement: I think I've felt some little flutters. Nothing major yet, though.

Food cravings: None, really.

Gender: GIRL

Labor signs: N/A

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Wine and seafood. We are heading to Florida this weekend for a vacation and while I can eat some seafood, I normally eat it every day that we are on vacation, which is a no go this time.

What I'm looking forward to: Relaxing at the beach and then getting to start decorating her room.

Milestones: 4 months along!

No comments:

Post a Comment